Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Sleep Deprivation....

So its about 10:30 p.m. and I'm trying to sleep but w/ all this crazy medicine I'm taking its making is very difficult. I'm taking a steroid to help with the swelling which can make you WIRED... a pain med that makes you sleepy so they counter-act each other its very annoying.... I've had many sleepless nights. During the day I feel like a zombie and cant seem to keep my eyes open but the moment the sun goes down and I'm exhausted from a HARD days work (or maybe not!!) I get into bed to only toss and turn all night long and its driving me CRAZZZZIEEEE. So i have decided to stop fighting the pillow and just get out of bed. So far my recovery is going well. Every day seems to get better and worse. Its weird b/c when I wake up in the mornings I'm in a lot of pain and i think its b/c my mouth has been none working all night and once I'm up i start stretching all the tissue and muscle in my mouth and that causes more pain. Eating is actually very uncomfortable but i seem to not stop! But mid-morning and afternoon I'm doing a little better. So far i have done extremely well considering all the horror stories i was told about post surgery. I haven't hit them just yet... yikes!!! Most of my days consist of eating and watching moves....my meals consist of..... OH take a guess??? soup!!!....Roman-noodles, tomato, cream-of-broccoli (wont try that one again), and tonight i ate yes sad to say.... mac-& cheese.. but it was actually wonderful. I could believe how fast i shoveled that stuff down i was like a vacuum cleaner. I think i enjoyed it b/c it wasn't soup.

I'm starting to get really tired of watching movies all day so I'm ready for something new. I have a couple books to read but every time i pick one up and start reading i get loopy and fall asleep so I'm at a loss. Its interesting after surgery they tell you to relax and take it easy but I'm having a really hard time b/c i feel i have been doing NOTHING for so long. After being in the hospital for 5 days and then coming home to only recover a week to get right back into another recovery state its making me crazy. I feel like I'm trapped in my own little world. But luckily I have Clinton here with me to spend most of my boredom with. I feel so bad for him, he is so wonderful he never gets bored b/c he says being bored is a lack of creativity... well then I'm very NOT creative!!!
My mammy comes tomorrow. Which will be nice, I'm excited to have mom around. There is nothing better than having your mom around when you are sick. No matter how old you get mom always knows the keys to making things all better. I figure I'm not married just yet so its okay! It will be very nice to have here around b/c i just moved into our apt and have a few more things to get organized so I'm looking forward to her help. Well I hope staring at this computer screen has helped me to feel tired so I'll give it another try. Until next time.

No comments: